Every one of us has made a New Year’s resolution at one point or another in our lives; and every one of us – without exception – has found ourselves six months later with that horrible feeling of regret because we have failed to progress as far as we would have liked towards that goal. In order to avoid that dreadful feeling and actually do what you set out to do, I would like to share these nine key ways to achieve your goals most effectively.
1. Is your goal something you really want to achieve? Why? What for? The more your target falls in line with your goal in life and your passion, the more chance you will have of success.
2. So, keep a clearly defined target for each one of your main interests.
3. They should be achievable targets but sufficiently ambitious so as to inspire you and drive you forward. As Michelangelo once said: “The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark”.
4. Make these dreams something real. Firstly identify and then focus on a tangible and specific objective. Make a note of each one of these targets.
5. For each target, establish a series of daily and weekly actions with the time to be dedicated to each one and join the check effect √
6. Systematise those tasks as much as you can. This is the most powerful tool for action.
7. Commit yourself and remain true to your goals. You cannot let yourself down.
8. Share your goals. They could become shared goals and that will help you achieve them.
9. And take 10 minutes of every day to imagine how you will feel when one of those goals is achieved. Hang on to that feeling and revisit it whenever one of your daily or weekly actions starts becoming too much.
HR Analytics ACCIONA S.A.