1. Presence: if you’re not on Twitter, you simply don’t exist for anyone searching for candidates on this network.
2. Learning: good use of this network will undoubtedly help you improve in other areas of professional interest to you.
3. Job search: a large number of vacancies are born and die on Twitter. Companies and employment websites publish their vacancies on this network.
4. Communication channel: Twitter should already be a part of your life, even if only as a communication channel.
5. Personal brand: Every professional should enhance their personal brand. This channel is excellent for doing just that.
6. Interaction with head-hunters: many recruitment experts fill vacancies with professionals who are on social media, and they also use it to search for candidates, stay connected and track specific professionals, etc.
7. Twitter and your CV: Twitter is part of your CV. Remember, if you’re not on Google, you don’t exist.
8. If you use Twitter, you know Twitter: Being able to use this network is a skill that many companies recognise.
9. Use of employment tools: certain employment tools can only be used if you have Twitter. For example: tuiempleo.com; tweetbeep.com; twitjobsearch.com
10. Mobility: Twitter is the social network best suited to mobile telephones.
Laura Alcaraz Escribano
Development Dep. Human Resources ACCIONA S.A.